Old February 4th 10, 06:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.soaring,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Glaze Ice

Dave writes:

HOW he got his information, is not relevent... I learned, (was
taught) BEFORE I became a licenced pilot. One does not HAVE to be a
pilot and be lucky enough to "escape" icing to be knowledgable about
it. The NASA engineer who wrote that very comprensive paper about
icing was not a pilot either, but he has probably forgotten more about
it than most "pilots" will ever know.

Yes. Some of the stuff from NASA is extremely interesting.