Old June 21st 04, 08:35 AM
Errol Cavit

"Ian MacLure" wrote in message
"Neil Gerace" wrote in
:

[snip]

That's why they're using the BBJ airframe and not the regular -700
one, I'm guessing. The BBJ has the fuselage of the -700 but the wings
and gear of the larger -800. Similar to the mods Boeing did to the
747-100 to make the -SR, for short, frequent cycles.

There is a world of difference between the stress spectrum
inherent in airline usage and the MPA environment.
Its not just the cycles.
And still doesn't address the engine reliability issue.
I believe ( and I expect P3 crew community would agree
with me ) that the redundancy provided by 4 engines is a
very desirable if not mandatory feature in an MPA.

Does anyone know the comparative loss rates for the Atlantique vs P3?

--
Errol Cavit | | "If you have had enough, then I have
had enough. But if you haven't had enough, then I haven't had enough