Old November 1st 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
jocko

Default Navy Squadron VA-93 "Blue Boozers" officially "Blue Blazers"

Hi Sports Fans!

I'm looking for someone who might know why the A-4C Skyhawk Squadron
VA-93 "Blue Blazers" was also known by the nickname "Blue Boozers", at
least on the 1966 Westpac/Vietnam Cruise on the "Big E."

The implications are obvious. But, I want to know the back story. Was
there a particular event that earned them that nickname? Did the
squadron members adopt it for themselves? Was a particular individual
responsible for labeling the squadron such?

There has to be some Naval Aviation historians in this esteemed group.
Any information would be appreciated.

Jocko