Old July 3rd 04, 05:23 AM
Tuno

I just used 3UTIQ255.exe for the first time on my iPaq 5555 running PocketPC
2003, no problems however not with the 302 connected. I'll be trying that
tomorrow morning, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I had no problem getting the Windows PC version of the same program to work
as advertised with the 302.

-tuno

"Nathan Whelchel" wrote in message
. com...
Is anyone running this exact combination of components?

Here's the scenario:

I upgraded my palmtop to an iPAQ 4155 running PPC 2003 operating system
software. In addition, I loaded the latest Cambridge utility for allowing
the the iPAQ to configure the 302, now called 3UTIQ255.EXE. WinPilot is
Jerry's latest. The 302 is running the most current rom updates.

Here's the wierd part:

WinPilot gets the streaming GPS data no problem, but it can't initialize

the
302. It fails the initialization but goes on to receive GPS data. Trying
to initialize the 302 for a task also fails by the way.

Cambridge setup utility 3UTIQ255.exe also fails to communicate to the 302.

Other utility programs like TTY.EXE can read the streaming data coming

from
the 302 or to a laptop from the same serial connection.

The same software works properly on a iPAQ 3680 running on PPC/2002.

---

If you have a configuration described above, and your system works, I'd

like
to talk to you about it.

Regards,
Nathan