Old September 14th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

Roy Smith writes:

Do you guys do simulated ramp checks?

All sim users are not identical, but it certainly would not surprise
me if some of them are simulating ramp checks, as well as many other
aspects of real-world bureaucracy. Different people are interested in
different aspects of real-world aviation, and simulation generally
allows them to concentrate on the aspects that interest them most,
while letting the rest slide. In theory just about anything can be
simulated.

I personally avoid the paperwork. Sim software itself often makes no
significant provision for paperwork, beyond things like checklists and
the like, so anyone wanting the paperwork side has to pretend on his
own. MSFS allows you to file a "flight plan" for IFR flights and
simulates ATC interaction based on the flight plan, but it doesn't go
much beyond that. Fortunately for me, that's about as far as I'm
interested in going myself. The simulated ATC is limited in what it
can handle and varies from reality in a number of ways, and it
sometimes makes stupid mistakes, but it still enhances realism a great
deal.