Old November 9th 16, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Self-launch v Sustainer

Yes, but the Cobra trailer has two electric hoists to facilitate lifting
the center section. It looks like it takes at least an hour to assemble
from the trailer whereas I can rig my wings from the folded position in
about 10 minutes. I learned recently that some of the very early
Stemmes had a 4-piece wing and could be solo rigged using a rigging tool.

BTW, I'll bet you could build your own trailer for about 20% of the cost
of a Cobra using the proper sized Haul Mark. You don't really need a
clam shell top.

On 11/8/2016 1:27 PM, Chris wrote:
If you are curious about what it takes to disasemble a Stemme and considering a Cobra trailer instead of a hangar you may want to look at this video. The center panel is 400lb and needs to be lifted over the canopy....

https://youtu.be/ejpUGpZ2vhc

--
Dan, 5J