Old November 9th 04, 08:49 PM
rottenberg

(Pechs1) wrote in message ...
I know Mr Cooper will blast me for this, but oh well, he has before.

Have any of the aviators that were in the 'fleet'(USN or USAF or even USMC)
during or after the Iran-Irag conflict heard of any of the results that Mr.
Cooper talks about in his book?

I find that even tho I have an SI clearance, and was flying the F-14, even in a
test squadron(VX-4), I never heard of these F-14 results..

Anyone??
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)

To give Tom the benefit of the doubt, are there any reasonable
scenarios that would account for a limited dissemination of the
information? Couldn't we just blame compartmentalization? Tom,
unfortunately, indicates that studies of Iranian F-14 attrition and
performance were conducted, unsurprisingly under top secret
conditions. However, these conditions weren't sufficiently classified
because he discusses them in the Iran/Iraq book. The book however was
published over a decade after the war's end (and the cold war's end as
well), so who's to say how classified the information was. Actually,
I would have liked to have heard Tom answer that very question, and
unfortunately the book avoids that issue entirely.