Old June 1st 04, 03:55 AM
Dude

I figure if we only had the ATC necessary for GA, and the scheduled planes
had to use that, then there would be no towers at most of what are now class
C airports. Also, the class B airports would easily get by as class C, or
even D.

Yes, we use those towers for free, but if the towers were not there, it
would not cost us so much in fuel and insurance that we would go broke.
Now, lets say a Delta 737 has to enter the traffic pattern whenever the
field is VFR...

They would be unable to function. We don't piggyback off of their ATC
infrastructure because we NEED it. THEY NEED IT. I could fly IFR all over
using a CTAF like system to announce my presence on the airways, and on
approaches. The reason I cannot is because of THEM.

We put up a class B to keep ME away from THEM when I am not IFR. Now they
count it as me using ATC service everytime I leave my airport. My use of
the system is mostly for THEIR benefit.

The whole system is designed around THEIR needs, not ours.

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

"Dude" wrote in message
Having seen the recent diatribes from airline executives, I feel like I
could just about throw up.

Don't these idiots realize that if it was not for their "all important"
fleets of precious cargo we could slash ATC by 90 plus percent?

How do you figure that?