Old March 26th 05, 06:48 PM
Matt Barrow

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking to install such an STC on my Cardinal 200 hp engine.
http://www.taturbo.com/frames.html

Anyone who had experienced it ?

I have a TAT system in my B36TC (got rid of the 520 and went to a TN 550)
and it's wonderful.

Is it valuable ?

Quite so. The benfits of a turbo without the problems of inflating a

smaller
displacement engine to get more power at altitude.

Any comments ?

Don't do it unless your REALLY need high altitude performance and are
willing to endure the cost of a turbo versus a normally aspirated. If

you're
going to fly at 5000-800 feet anyway, it's wasted. If your regularly have

go to 10-12-14,000 feet or more, or have to take off high and hot it's
unbeatable.

I might add that you should get a GOOD oxygen system, and become familiar
with the physiological aspect of high altitude flight, both for yourself and
your passengers.

--
Matt