Old April 28th 05, 02:42 PM
Greg Farris

In article , says...

Maybe, but I believe the 777 is an "old" airplane and they needed
something new to compete with the "new" airplanes from the bus.

I always have thought that Airbus was an accurate, yet unfortunate, name
choice for an airplane company. Talk about pedestrian...

I agree. The French often get screwed up when they invent "English" names.
It seems they fail to consider the connotations to English speakers. One of
the most advanced ADSL providers in France is called "wannadoo" - The poor
souls who to subscribe to them have to have an e-mail address
- and be the object of ridicule throughout the English
speaking world.

"Airbus" doesn't sound like the most technologically advanced airliner in
the world. It sounds like something slow and uncomfortable, with a toilet
in the back.

G Faris