Old March 30th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual Inspection -- Complete

Jay Honeck wrote:

So, in the end, it was a pretty decent annual. The total bill is
around $1400 (not including the fairings, oil, filter, and ELT, which I
bought separately), half of which was labor to install the brake pads,
ELT, and the fairings.

Congratulations. I haven't received my bill for the annual on my Bonanza
yet, but I expect it to be around your total.

The three items on my bill that elevated it this year were replacing my
rotating beacon that had a motor that just wouldn't turn consistently
anymore (despite being taken apart and cleaned a few times), replacing the
primary alternator that had failed three months after the warranty expired,
and replacing the TKS anti-ice fluid filter, a filter the size of a tumbler
glass with a price tag of a two new tires.

--
Peter