Old March 30th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default 2006 Annual Inspection -- Complete

Oil leaks can be tricky. I bought my Bonanza last August. Didn't seem
to be much oil usage. I then changed the oil and filter. After 6 hours
I was down two quarts. Very little on the belly and nothing on the
floor. Put two quarts in and flew 6 more hours, down 1/2 quart to nine
and a half quarts. Flew six more and it's still at 9.5 quarts. So I'll
just keep watching it and see.

Ross Richardson wrote:
I had a minor oil weep in my Lyc O-360-A1A and tryied the patch the
seams. Worked for a while but started again. Only way I got rid of it is
when I purchased a factory OH engine. I hope your's works better than
mine did.

Ross
KSWI

Jay Honeck wrote:

Well, not too many surprises this year, other than the ELT. (Which I
suspected would not pass again, and it didn't.)

snip

4. Engine Oil Leak. We flew around an hour today, and didn't see any
signs of oil, but that's not much of a test. We'll see if the goop my
A&P put on the engine does any good over time.

snip

:-)
--
Jay Honeck