Old May 16th 08, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Default County Sheriff Arrests Pilot After Botched Landing

On May 15, 2:59*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 15 May 2008 16:38:19 -0500, Gig 601Xl Builder
wrote in
:

Larry Dighera wrote:
*I had no idea airmen operate under a federal implied consent law. *

Really Larry, you didn't know?

How would I know? *It's not in the FARs that I'm aware of. *

Are you able to cite the specific federal law that indicates airmen
have implied consent to law enforcement taking bodily specimens?

The pilot is in California anyway so it doesn't make a difference.
California has implied consent for anyone operating a motor vehicle in
any location (including private property). Don't drink beer while
riding your lawn tractor.

-Robert