Old April 21st 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default sealing landing gear doors ......

Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
On Apr 21, 12:47 am, The Real Doctor
wrote:
On 21 Apr, 01:30, Robert Gaines
wrote:

To quote a friend, "all tape is no good". TESA tape from Germany is the
best. Clean off the old and replace with TESA (German) tape. Not cheap.

Tesa is a manufacturer. They make lots of different sorts of adhesive
tape. Do you mean the cloth reinforced stuff?

Ian

Tim Mara (Wings and Wheels) carries the white cloth tape you want.
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/page29.htm
It IS quite pricey. I'm looking for a suitable substitute for my Grob
rudder hinge. I use about 4 feet a year, and the roll I bought 5
years ago is still quite full, but in poor shape because I didn't
store it properly.

I just use Blenderm medical tape (for over 20 years now), obtainable
from a pharmacy: lasts years (but easy to remove when needed), easy to
apply, thin, flexible, stretchy, translucent. The cloth stuff doesn't
seem to have any advantages on the ASW-20 I had, or the ASH 26 E I have now.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org