Old April 16th 19, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Jonker JS-3 in Sagebrush

Jim,
So, spoiler detent’s were added in order to set the brakes because the pilot needed both hands elsewhere during run up! Then the detent’s resulted in unwanted spoilers on final? How about figuring out another way to set that wheel brakes? I’ve been watching Air Disasters on TV and can’t believe all the crashes caused by some computer geek adding some unnecessary feature. They covered an accident the other night where the copilot accidentally hit the Go-Around button and ended up crashing on the runway! Go-Around Button? The computer geek decided a pilot needed help shoving in the power and pulling the nose up? They crashed a 747 at SFO because of auto throttle didn’t shove in the needed power because the ILS wasn’t working Probably invented by the same Go-Around geek previously mentioned. Let’s not even mention the 737 fly by wire fiasco! I’m to the point that I wouldn’t get on a bird that doesn’t have the stick and rudder connected directly to the controls! I saw this crap coming 50 years ago in the F-111. If the bomb-aim’er made a cross-hair correction, the computer would only accept half his correction! The operator was only one input along with inertial, Doppler, etc. Now we have progressed to the point the operator may have no input at all. The computer thinks were stalling and by god the nose is getting shoved over, period!
Good to get that off my chest, I feel much better now!
JJ