Old November 1st 17, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Posted question: "Why would factory/sales reps not post pictures and information like this regularly is a mystery to me?"

"Mystery" is putting it kindly. You are being a gentleman.

In my younger days I worked for Beech Aircraft Corp. There were lots and lots of employees needing the factory to sell enough aircraft to keep them employed. Keeping the world up to date and interested was the job of the marketing department.

Frankly, I was unsuccessful at hearing or reading anything from the glider company representative. So, I called the factory direct. After talking with the CEO, I realized that he was focused on a passion, much like those of us on this forum. It made me want to meet him, and see where my money was going. So I went to Poland.

While visiting with CEO Jerzy Peszke, I could see his contagious zeal for making a crazy good glider. But, it seems as if someone forgot to keep us informed and comfortable. Other manufacturers appear to act the same.

Hopefully, Jerzy will keep putting up with my direct contact. But I prefer that he first make those changes suggested by Mr. Kawa. Then, I would like to learn about it.

The comment about telepathy, as a means for factory communications, made me chuckle. I'll take anything that keeps me up to date.

Raul Boerner