Old January 13th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Re How To Avoid And Deal With Airsickness, and a differentsuggestion

More deaths from DVT, Bertie, than from you guys flying into
mountains: we call it risk/benefit analysis in clinical trials..

I had a funny image -- Anthony, getting ready for a long simulated
flight by eating a couple of placebo aspirin.

I know that was really unkind, and here it is, Sunday, when we should
be especially charitable. I should not have posted it until tomorrow.

On Jan 13, 12:18*pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Tina wrote in news:c4734f94-ac8d-4506-975b-
:

One does not often die from airsickness, but people do from deep vein
thrombosis -- those nasty clots that form in your legs, then break
free.

It's our practice to take a couple of baby aspirin before we take off
on long flights, figuring a little anticoagulation action may make an
unlikely event even less likely. As far as I know, there are not
studies that directly prove this is helpful, but it makes sense to us.
Like all implied suggestions on the 'net, this one is worth exactly
what you paid for it.

Might make you bleed to death more quickly if you crash, too.

Win-win.

Bertie