Old May 23rd 04, 10:03 PM
David Megginson

Bob Fry wrote:

From my experience the market isn't working w.r.t. discounting the
price of an airplane with the engine near TBO. When searching for my
airplane, I found two very similar models to the one I eventually
bought, and rejected them both when the owners wouldn't discount their
selling price because of the engine time.

Presumably, they'd already built the engine time into their selling prices.
Unfortunately, a lot of owners seem to have pretty exaggerated ideas of
what their planes are worth. They probably had to drop their prices
eventually, or else they gave up on trying to sell.

All the best,

David