Old October 11th 04, 03:04 AM
Cy Galley

What diameter is the back of the spinner? How many holes?

Ray Toews wrote in message ...
I measured a few others and they seem to be between 50 and 65
thousands thick, I am going to try spinning it on a lathe and forming
it that way but am not sure what alloy to use, I think 2024 but if
anybody knows it would be appreciated. I have searched on the net and
found nothing under propellor spinner. Does it have to be heat treated
after forming or is it better left soft.
I have a front plate which I will be matching to the spinner,,,,I know
it would probably be more advisable to just buy one but I like to try
new things and spin forming a new back plate sounds interesting.

Ray

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 23:23:03 GMT, Orval Fairbairn
wrote:

In article , Ray Toews wrote:

I scored a free spinner in good condition but the backing plate is
gone, any body know what type and thickness of material I would use to
make a new one?

Ray

It really depends on the spinner and prop in question. Some backing
plates are of complex shape and usually are .065" or more thickness.

The frontplate is just as important as the backplate, too.