Old January 24th 20, 07:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shaun Wheeler

Default Sailplane pilot who wandered across the Iron Curtain in the 1960's.

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:56:51 AM UTC-6, kinsell wrote:
On 1/23/20 11:22 PM, Shaun Wheeler wrote:
If I picked two epic flights from my lifetime the first would have to be that of Larry Walters with a lawn chair and a pile of weather balloons. The other would be the Cessna that landed in Red Square.

Look up "Taffy Holden, the accidental Lightning pilot" on youtube. The
guy in the lawnchair has nothing on him, other than getting more publicity.

Incredible.