Old April 5th 05, 05:19 AM
Jim Burns

Try http://www.ifly9d9.com/ at Hastings MI... just south east of GRR. I fly
in and out of there when visiting relatives. I have NO information about
the quality of their rental planes. They seem to have a very active
skydiving school and everybody seems friendly and helpful. Watch out for
the TV towers west of 9D9.

If you get to AZO, be sure to visit the museum. It's right on the field and
you can taxi to the door.

At GRR you can visit RapidAir. I haven't been there in a couple years, but
they used to have rentals. They used to be the more "down to earth" FBO at
GRR. You can get their number on AirNav.

Jim

"Arnold Sten" wrote in message
Any recommendations or suggestions about where one can get checked out
in a 172 anywhere in the Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, Lansing, or Grand
Rapids areas of Michigan. I'll be five days there this July and want to
take some family members sightseeing.