Old March 23rd 05, 08:18 PM

Montblack,
You are right that "sodium, sodium, sodium" is everywhere.
Processed and restaurant foods are made for the average tastebuds which
favor high sodium content. Over the years, we have gradually weaned
ourselves from salty food to the point that we can no longer eat any
pre-processed food or enjoying dining out. In more than one occasions
where I could not eat some salty food only to see someone at the next
table shaking more salt on the exact dish.
Here is an interesting article on salt, the "Forgotten Killer"
http://www.cspinet.org/new/200502242.html

"Too much salt in the diet is boosting Americans' blood pressure and
is prematurely killing roughly 150,000 people each year.....Despite the
pleas of health experts to cut back, salt consumption has drifted
upward over the past 30 years to the point where Americans are now
consuming about 4,000 milligrams of sodium per day-about twice the
recommended amount"