Old December 13th 05, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Safety pilot - logging cross-country

Bob Gardner wrote:
Maybe it's me, but I wouldn't consider for a moment logging a trip that I
had not personally planned and flown on my own.

A few years ago, I figured that since I wasn't PIC for the takeoff and
landing, that I couldn't log XC PIC - assuming I was safety pilot and acting
as PIC while the other gyu was under the hood.

Then I read Part 61.1, and the time on a XC that you log PIC, you can also
log XC, assuming all the other requirements are met.

Hilton