Old January 15th 08, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.ifr
Robert M. Gary

Default Phrase "landing runway" vs. "cleared to land"

On Jan 15, 11:41*am, B A R R Y wrote:

I was taught, and it was reinforced by the DE, to use distance and
direction over waypoints.

That's good but just make sure you use waypoints that a VFR pilot
would know (like VORs, etc). Remember the point is for traffic to know
where you are so you don't want to use references that some pilots may
not know. Personally I prefer using relative location to the airport,
since you're only about 10 miles out anyway.

-Robert