Old March 8th 10, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default More Glide Nav 2 questions - Need technical advice

On Mar 8, 3:17*pm, Scott Alexander
wrote:
Maybe there's a way to enter this into Glide Nav 2 easily?

The only way I know is to append it to a turnpoint file. GNII will
allow multiple TP files to be used at the same time. Rather than edit
the official contest file which could be subsequently updated by the
organizers, I'd suggest creating your own file in the same format and
adding your own landables to that file. Suggest you start with a
known good file.dat, add the new data in the same format, then delete
the original data. You can use the PDA editor to do this but I find it
easier to transfer the CF (or SD) card to a PC and do the edits
there.

Be sure to use the correct designation and altitude for the landable
points if you want to get valid glide data.

Andy