Old December 8th 11, 04:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

Default Scheibe SF-25 Motorfalke horizontal stabilizer and other parts needed

On Dec 7, 6:03*pm, wrote:
On Dec 7, 4:17*pm, Andy wrote:

On Dec 6, 5:59*pm, wrote:

I need a horizontal stabilizer to replace the one on my experimental
SF-25 motorglider. Other parts would be welcomed as well or any other
information and drawings.
I am currently replacing the monogear with conventional gear from a
grumman tiger (with modifications)
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

J.D. Barron

Conventional gear on a Tiger ? *I thought they were all tricycle gear
with a free castoring nose wheel.

Andy

Just the main gear legs. The fiberglass legs are a litle stiffer than
the Scheibe look, but I can adjust that by carving on them and kinda
grinding a streamline contour.
The wheels are a little larger at 6.00 X 6 rather than the smaller
metric size for the Scheibe.

Grinding on a primary structural laminate to adjust stiffness and get
a streamline contour? Assuming 100% sucess, a lot of work for a
trivial gain compared to the drag hit for exposed 6.00 x 6 wheels.

Suggest add foam fairings to the legs and sand that, Or better yet,
don't create a Frankenschiebe in the first place.

aerodyne