Old April 8th 04, 08:27 PM
Ernest Christley

Veeduber wrote:
Dear Bill (and the Group),

Bottom line is that with an existing structure any benefit of structural
optimization usual fails the Practical Factors test.

-R.S.Hoover

John Dyke told me his own self that a local college analyzed his Delta
design. They told him that he could have saved weight in the spar by
stepping down one size at each station.

If he had of done that, I think I would have walked to Iowa to beat him
to death with an intricate, fully optimized, warped-like-hell spar.

I've also drawn the Delta up in Pro/Desktop, a 3D CAD package. My
lesson was that some things are easy on the computer, and some things
are easy in real-life, and the two don't always correlate.

There's a VRML section on my webpage now if you want to see a 3D model
of the Delta.

--
http://www.ernest.isa-geek.org/
"Ignorance is mankinds normal state,