Old August 8th 05, 06:43 PM
Peter R.

john smith wrote:

Peter R. wrote:
For some reason known only to the FAA, both Dunkirk, NY (KDKK), and
Wellsville, NY (KELZ), two small, uncontrolled airports in southwestern NY
state that are about 60 nm apart, share the same ASOS frequency.

This is a classic situation to file a ASRS form.
Use this form to get action. It does work.

After five months of flying to Dunkirk every Monday, I am ashamed to admit
that it finally dawned on me last week to do this.

Interestingly, I asked Buffalo Approach, who controls approaches into
Dunkirk, if anyone else had complained that it is not possible to retrieve
the ASOS from the east until very close to the airport because of the
Wellsville ASOS sharing the same frequency. The controller responded that
no one had mentioned this before.

--
Peter