Old August 9th 05, 03:00 AM
Peter R.

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

What makes you think it's known only to the FAA? Whatever the reason, I
would expect it to be known to the FCC. In fact, it may be better known to
the FCC than the FAA.

Remember the time not so long ago when you used to post meaningful answers
to poster's legitimate questions? I recall a few years back when even I
received some genuinely helpful advice from you.

These days it seems you respond for no other reason than to exercise your
extremely dry and bland wit.

It's probably because there isn't another suitable frequency available.

And why, assuming you can even take my question seriously, would there not
be a more suitable frequency available in a relatively quiet part of the US
(about 7 or so ASOS-equipped, uncontrolled airport in a 60nm mile radius)?

Of all the candidate ASOS frequencies (below 121.75 or so, perhaps?), what
would cause the FAA to choose the same one for two nearby airports?

--
Peter