Old March 11th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

Default Overlay/Panel Lighting?

In article ,
Bob Noel wrote:

In article . net,
Mike Spera wrote:

[snip]
Is there a better way? My goal would be minimal intrusion (read: little
or no FAA involvement) and expanse....
those EL strips on the glareshield? Nu-lites? Other options?

[snip]
Anyone been here and done this? By the way, post lights are definitely
out. They would be way more work than the factory ones I already have
waiting in a box.

I have a '74 cherokee 140 and went with the nulites (google "PIREP nulite
instrument lights" in July 2006 in rec.aviation.owning.

It'll cost a bit (the nulites aren't cheap) and there is some labor to do
the job right. I don't remember exactly how much since it was done
while the airplane was down for the annual inspection .

==old post===
While I was down because of surgery I had the mechanic put
in nulites on the six-pack, the clock, and the suction gauge
(the turn coordinator was already lit). Tonight was the first
night I got to fly at night and these nulites beat the red
overhead light every which way. way cool

Highly recommended for airplanes without instrument
lights or post lights.

Google "electroluminescent light strips"