Old February 10th 15, 10:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
svelusive

Default LXNav V7 Setup

On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 6:00:50 PM UTC-8, erihc wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 February 2015 12:54:23 UTC+11, svelusive wrote:
On Monday, February 9, 2015 at 5:43:46 PM UTC-8, erihc wrote:
Hi Steve,
There are enough "Oudie Victim Support Groups" out there to prove that Oudie is more expensive but not easier!

I have a V7 with IOIO and Dell Streak 5.
A few things to check:
1. Make sure there is no "UART dyslexia" in the cabling (test with multimeter):
RX from the PowerFlarm connects to the TX GPS port of the V7,
TX from the PowerFlarm connects to the RX GPS port of the V7,
RX from V7 PDA port connects to TX on the IOIO and
TX from V7 PDA port connects to RX on the IOIO.

2. "software settings" in V7:
- PowerFlarm output is 19200 Baud (by default); set V7 GPS port to 19200 Baud (better than AUTO)
- V7 PDA output set to 19200 Baud
V7 Baud settings can be adjusted in V7 Settings - Comm.

3. XCSoar settings:
- in XCSoar under (Config, Config) Devices: choose one device port (A-F)
- Edit:
Port: chose the port that you are plugging the V7 into the Soartronic IOIO (0-3) you might have to try each one.
Baud rate: 19200
Bulk baud rate: 19200
Driver: LX /Colibri
Sync. from device: On
Sync. to device: On

Select: Enable

If working will show: Baro, Vario, Flarm, GPS

Try IOIO Uart 0 - 3 with above settings.
(GPS will show once satellites are locked)

hope this helps
Erich

Thank you so much Erich. That is the information I was seeking. You have given me hope. I will check it out at the airport tomorrow and let you know.

Steve

Hi Steve,
"no data" was a "good" sign - XCSoar can see the Soartronic!
As an extra:
Select "IOIO voltage sensor" in XCSoar / Devices on Device F.
It should show "connected" and give you charging info in XCSoar in the Info menu.
I will check this list tomorrow to see if you had any luck.
Erich

Erich,

Thanks so much. Your help did the trick! I checked the cables (including the "factory" cable for continuity. As is common, I guess, I had a wiring dyslexia issue. I made new cables and it all works. A few little projects and I'm ready to soar.

I'll be in Bend Oregon, King Mountain Idaho and Nephi this summer to supply your beer. Yay!

Steve