Old April 19th 05, 12:15 AM
aluckyguess

If there was enough volume they could build the plane for less than 50k. It
would replace all the old Piper, Cessna and Beech 2 and 4 seat aircraft.
They sell new cars for way less and there looks to be more work in a new car
than a small plane.
I think if they could sell 1000 a month you could build it for under 50k or
close to it. The only thing I don't know is what the insurance would cost.
I know if Lycoming had a quote come in for 12000 IO 360 engines the price
would drop quite a bit.
You can buy a brand new LS6 corvette engine for 5000.00 that tells me they
are building it for around 1500.

Just my 2 cents.
"Dan Luke" wrote in message

"aluckyguess" wrote:
It would be nice if Piper sold its Cherokee 180 for around 50k

Nice for whom? Certainly not for the insane New Piper executive who
approved
such an idea. That would be a lot less than NP's direct cost to build the
airplanes (if they did still build the 180, that is), never mind any
overhead
and profit.

I guess it would be nice if prime ribeye steaks were a dollar a pound,
too,
until all the beef businesses collapsed.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM