Old April 25th 05, 08:23 PM
Dave Butler

jsmith wrote:
And you didn't notice the odd shape, compared to the surrounding
terrain, when you were flying around inside it?

I guess not. It was a few years ago, so I don't remember in detail. Not very
observant, I guess, eh?

DGB

Dave Butler wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:

As an aside, the geography near Middlesboro is unusual. One of the
few towns and/or airports you'll find that is completely encircled by
mountains. That's what happens at the center of an ancient meteor
impact crater...

Interesting. Didn't know it was an impact crater. Wish I had known
that when I was there. I flew in a few years ago when Glacier Girl was
under construction in a Cherokee 180 at full GW. Did a circling
departure over the field to gain enough altitude to feel comfortable
heading for the notch in the surrounding mountains.