Old March 13th 10, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Robert Moore

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

" wrote
It's been describe to me as dive and drive. Dive down to MDA as soon
as you can, and drive it in at MDA to MAP. Go below it before MAP and
it's a bust for checkride.

That's because your instructor was "teaching the checkride"and on most
check rides, you always go-missed and are never allowed to land. In real
life your goal is to land---Right?

Either you or your instructor have (had) a serious teaching or
understanding problem. Not knowing either of you, I can't really say
where the problem is, but the two of you really need to get together
and work-out this misunderstanding.

However.... YOU really have not utilized the freely available instructional
material available on the net.

Bob Moore