Old July 20th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.fan.notb
Maxwell[_2_]

Default Busy airports and small GA

In article , says...

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

You first

I've only flown on VATSIM, where controllers are a bit surprised by any type
of GA traffic (most VATSIM members prefer to fly airliners, for some reason).
They are often rusty with VFR procedures and considerations for small
aircraft. I doubt that this correlates with real life, because the traffic
mix and load are different on VATSIM.

Gee, simulation and the real world are different, what a surprise.

I have heard that some large airports don't welcome small GA aircraft at all
(or, in Europe, they forbid it), whereas others are quite friendly towards the
visiting Cessna or Bonanza, even VFR.

Define "welcome" and "friendly".

They don't shoot you down

--