Old March 28th 05, 01:12 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 14:04:37 -0500, Tom Fleischman
k wrote:

Yes, they are, at least to cutomers who own UPSAT CNX-80s. My club is
in the process of sending in the CNX-80 units we own to Garmin and
having them upgraded to GNS-480s through a sof****e upgrade, which
enables WAAS and LNAV/VNAV/LPV approaches among other things, and a new
front plate which replaces the "Apollo/UPSAT CNX-80" with "Garmin
GNS-480".

I would think that new buyers would be getting the same version.

In article . net, Roy
Page wrote:

Are Garmin shipping the GNS430 with WAAS yet ?

Hmm:

OP: Are Garmin shipping the GNS430 with WAAS yet ?

Tom: Yes, they are, at least to cutomers who own UPSAT CNX-80s.

So does that mean that since I have a CNX80 I can get Garmin to ship me a
WAAS enabled GNS430? Perhaps I can use it as a backup :-))