Old June 5th 05, 04:07 AM
Seth Masia

Oh, it exists. I cycled past there last summer and rode up the hill to the
airport. Paved N-S runway, nice terminal building; no FBO apparently. I
wouldn't count on being able to rent there. See
http://www.hawaii.gov/dot/airports/maui/jhm/

Also see http://www.mauiaviators.com/

It's a beautiful part of the island. A couple of miles north, at the
northern tip, is a wildlife refuge with spectacular snorkeling.

Seth
Comanche N8100R

"Kevin Bailey" wrote in message
k.net...
Does anyone know anything about Kapalua Airport (JHM), on the
island of Maui ? Both the Hawaiian website and MS Flight
Simulator mention it but the AOPA claims it doesn't exist.
Does it have an FBO for planes for rent ?

Yes, I know I could go to Kahului, but that's an hour drive
and Kapalua will be right across the street from the hotel.

Thanks!
krb