Old January 5th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

Default garmin 496 wx failure

On 01/05/09 06:30, Mike Noel wrote:
Flying on Saturday, my 496 wasn't displaying any weather information. I
understand others had the same problem over the weekend. Anyone know what
happened and how it will be fixed?

AVWeb had the following in their "On the Fly" section of their newsletter today:

The XM weather feature on some Garmin handheld GPS units reportedly failed over the
weekend. We weren't able to reach anyone from either company but will have more details
Monday ...

So perhpas more news is on the way.

--
Mark Hansen, PP-ASEL, Instrument Airplane, USUA Ultralight Pilot
Cal Aggie Flying Farmers