Old September 27th 05, 09:39 PM
Jay Honeck

Well, for example, you point out that you're pretty busy during the summer and
that it would be difficult to set up some sort of special deal for pilots for a
variety of reasons. So, don't.

Don't subvert your business to your hobby if it's going to substantially
decrease your income.

Ah, right.

That's the rub, though, isn't it? I'm not doing this to get rich, I'm
doing this because it's fun! This past summer we had 16 weddings at
the inn (well, the weddings were at the church, but you know what I
mean), which was wonderful -- we were full all the time.

But, you know what? We had to turn away pilots on quite a few
weekends. Since the pleasure I derive from this business is not
monetary, but rather the fun of hanging around hangar flying with
pilots all day long, what the hell did I gain?

On the other hand, that income enabled us to add a new workout room and
an in-house massage therapist -- so I guess it's all good. But I'd
personally rather do more pilot-oriented stuff.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA