Old September 21st 05, 05:03 PM
Beav

"Simon Robbins" wrote in message
"Beav" wrote in message
Not enough violence involved doing that. I can't beleive his shows still

go
out on air y'know. He was Ok(ish) "back then", but slapstick comedy died
well deserved death over here, thank ****.

Reminds of a few years back when I was camping at Loudon for the AMA
Superbike race weekend. An American guy starts telling me how much he
loves
British TV, and one show in particular, except he can't remember the name.
It was about a shop, and there was a woman in it who kept on about her
pussy... "Are you being served"!!!! God, I thought those tapes had been
burnt years ago.

They should've been burnt before anyone put them on the air. That was THE
biggest load of crap I've ever seen.

And this was a young guy asking me if I knew when the next
series was out as all he was getting were re-runs! He was dead shocked
when
I told him they were twenty years old. That's one thing I noticed about
my
North American friends was that they find it impossible to date British TV
culture.

Last night, someone in another place (America) commented that he was under
the impression that Britain doesn't see temperatures above 70 degrees, even
during the height of summer. NOTHING surprises me about American's views of
anything outside of America unless they've been outside of America. Then
they see the light:-)

A few of my friends watched Red Dwarf. It's got a small cult following in
NA. Same for Blackadder, but I think that's even more English than Red
Dwarf. Still, I guess turnip jokes are universal..

"Bladder" is excellent. Better even than Fawlty Towers which was good first
time around, but got old VERY qiuckly. I can watch all the Blackadder series
as many times as they air. As for the turnips jokes... Classic:-)

Baldrick should get an Oscar:-)

Actually, Tony Robinson's on the box right now doing a "Da Vinci Code"
destruction:-)

--
Beav

Reply to "beavis dot original at ntlworld dot com" (with the obvious
changes)