Old April 19th 21, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Weglide.org

On 4/19/2021 1:40 PM, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Mon, 5 Apr 2021 14:58:35 -0700 (PDT), Moshe Braner
wrote:

Funny. Now (an hour after I posted the above here) my flight has vanished from OLC. No I don't think I was hallucinating :-)

Think twice.
WeGlide and OLC are two completey different organizations, and there
is definitely no file exchange.

Did you upload your flight with your LX flight computer by any chance?
Since this year (and the appearance of WeGlide as a strong competitor)
OLC has enabled this funktion again.

Cheers
Andreas

I got the file from my Nook that was connected to my FLARM in the
glider. And I uploaded the file manually from a PC to WeGlide only. On
purpose, since I am trying that system out now, and told my clubmates to
look for my flights there and not on OLC. It took another 18 hours or
so to somehow show up on OLC. And it disappeared from OLC shortly after
I mentioned that here, with no action on my part.

Yes they are completely different organizations, that is the point.
WeGlide allows (AFAIK) unlimited downloading of any posted flight logs,
by anybody, without a login. So it is possible for a competing
organization to copy and post the same flight logs.