Old April 20th 21, 11:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default Weglide.org

On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 13:52:52 -0400, Moshe Braner
wrote:

I got the file from my Nook that was connected to my FLARM in the
glider. And I uploaded the file manually from a PC to WeGlide only. On
purpose, since I am trying that system out now, and told my clubmates to
look for my flights there and not on OLC. It took another 18 hours or
so to somehow show up on OLC. And it disappeared from OLC shortly after
I mentioned that here, with no action on my part.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suppose it's possible to download an IGC
file from WeGlide and upload it to OLC... looks like someone did that,
possibly just to test something.

Yes they are completely different organizations, that is the point.
WeGlide allows (AFAIK) unlimited downloading of any posted flight logs,
by anybody, without a login. So it is possible for a competing
organization to copy and post the same flight logs.

I am extremely sure that WeGlide is the future.

In Germany now after only four weeks of regular operations the number
of flights uploaded to WeGlide equals the number in OLC, and there are
so many easily accessible stories and pictures each day that - to me
at least! - WeGlide is a completely new and incredibly exciting
experience to "feel" the flights of others.

https://weglide.org/flights?scoring_...der_by=-points

I dare to predict that at least in Germany OLC will be redundant after
this summer, and I'd love to see the rest of the World adopt WeGlide,
too.