Old April 21st 21, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matthew Scutter

Default Weglide.org

On Wednesday, April 21, 2021 at 7:28:51 PM UTC+10, krasw wrote:
On Tuesday, 20 April 2021 at 13:01:54 UTC+3, Andreas Maurer wrote:
I dare to predict that at least in Germany OLC will be redundant after
this summer, and I'd love to see the rest of the World adopt WeGlide,
too.

Why? We are missing the story behind this. OLC has committed some crime against German pilots?

The decentralized competition in Germany (DMS-t) contracted WeGlide this year, instead of the OLC as was tradition. I know two other countries that will also be strongly considering moving their decentralized competitions this year.
Many pilots only upload their flights to be scored in these contests.

Aside from that, I think the disabling of uploads from LX9000 devices lost the OLC a lot of goodwill against the large base of LX device owners too.