Old April 27th 04, 03:20 AM
Journeyman

In article , Jeff Saylor wrote:
If you are a pilot who uses both a headset and eyeglasses, what IFR
trainng device works and fits best for you? The generic foggles, like

I had a generic hood that worked fine. It's a piece of curved plastic
with a strap that goes around your forehead. kind looks like the
brim of a baseball cap on 'roids. Unfortunately, despite their ability
to take extreme abuse, I wound up bending it so it wasn't really
usable.

Last year, I bought something called a 'Super Hood' (and I'm still
mad at Sporty's about it and won't buy from them). The hood is in
two parts. A kinda normal-looking brim, and a plastic piece that
clips to the brim. The nice thing about it is that the plastic piece
comes off easily when you get to the MDA/MAP and you can look at how
well you did. Then, when you go missed, you can clip it back on.
I'd recommend it if you can buy it from anyone else.

Morris