Old August 14th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke[_2_]

Default Mounting 396

"Paul kgyy" wrote:

I have received the Garmin GPSMAP 396 that I ordered at OSH and am now
trying to figure out how to mount it securely in the airplane (Piper
Arrow)

The yoke mount worked best for me in my 172RG.

Advantages:

o Easy to include in your instrument scan.

o Close at hand for button pushing.

o Positioned just right for bifocals/reading glasses.

o Right where it needs to be for using the faux panel if you lose your
gyros.

Disadvantages:

o You have to find somewhere else to hold approach plates.

o Wires have to be routed down the yoke shaft.

Bottom line, I found the yoke mount the handy had no problems with it.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM