Old May 10th 04, 05:47 PM
JC

Tony Verhulst wrote:

Does the paint last?

In a word, "no". Ours looks awful. I'll see it I can get a pic this
weekend.

Here are the L-33 pics. This glider has spent a lot of time outdoors -
but, so have the Cessnas and Pipers a few yards away and THEY don't look
like this. We have a painted L-23 that doesn't look so hot either.
Cessna, Piper, and others have figured out how to paint aluminum. LET,
apparently, has not.

Tony V

http://home.comcast.net/~tony.verhul...c/DSCN2165.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~tony.verhul...c/DSCN2166.JPG
http://home.comcast.net/~tony.verhul...c/DSCN2167.JPG

Is sure looks like they painted bare aluminum. There certainly is not
zinc chromate primer and it does not appear there is any allodine
either. Maybe there are some other methods to prepare the bare
aluminum prior to painting, but given the way the paint is
disappearing, it does not appear any was used.