Old July 15th 03, 04:28 PM
C J Campbell

"Bob Noel" wrote in message
| In article , Scott Moore
| wrote:
|
| And yet another canard I find very tiring.....
|
| you may find it tiring, but feel free to present some facts
| backing up your apparent belief that GPS is immune to jamming.
|
| Don't get me wrong, I know that GPS is very useful. But I'm not
| blind to its weaknesses.

It would be interesting to see some data that show that GPS is frequently
compromised by unintentional jamming. If someone says that GPS jamming is a
problem, the burden of proof is on them to support that assertion.

Scott did not say that GPS is immune to jamming -- no radio navigational aid
is -- but only that the possibility seems way overemphasized. Face it: we
are not going back to 4-way radio ranges because some pilots still think
VORs are too unreliable.