Old June 26th 04, 01:14 AM
Thomas Schoene

Neil Gerace wrote:
"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
link.net...
Also, Boeing has shown
off the ability of a similar 737 BBJ to climb from sea level on one
engine (I think this was at MMA patrol weights), so an engine
failure need not be catastrophic even down low.

I thought all twin-engined airliners were required to be able to
climb out on one engine.

Probably true, come to think of it. This was just one of the things Boeing
showed off to P-3 pilots during its barnstorming campaign. I think they
needed to be shown this performance feature, even if it is standard on
twin-jets.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872