Old January 13th 18, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Electric Towplane sets a new climb record

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 12:36:23 PM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
During that record setting tow I wonder how hot those batterys got. Is that the limiting factor in producing power, the over heating of the batterys? Getting on the edge of combustion must be quite the worry for those guys.
Does anybody have a guess to the operating time at full power for that record setting Extra?

Motor temp is also a limiting factor. Get too hot and you can hurt the magnets based on what I've read.
UH