Old December 21st 03, 11:43 PM
B2431

Default Hiroshima justified? (was Enola Gay: Burnt flesh and other

From: RogerM

"Col. RJ" wrote:

First off, **** Japan, they started it, we finished it.

First off, **** you asshole. The women and children who were murdered
didn't have **** to with Pearl Harbor.

Firstly, can we all discuss this without vulgarity?

Secondly the atomic and conventional bombings "murdered" no one. The children
didn't deserve to die in Hawaii or Japan. I defy you to explain to me how to
strike a military target in or near a civilian population without civilian
casualties. The Japanese were not about to let anyone park a bomb laden truck
in or near a military target any more than the U.S. was going to allow the
Japanese to place bombs on our vessels in Pearl.

In war innocent people die and, unfortunately, too many are children.

I hold Japan responsible for the atomic bombings. Japan invaded China and was
extremely inhumane in the treatment of the populace. The U.S. stopped exports
of materials Japan needed. Japan decided to secure their own sources of raw
materials by expanding into SEA.. To do this they needed time which they
attempted to buy by striking Pearl Harbour. This is as implification of what
actually happened.

Japan started it. Now I ask you again: how does one strike a military target
with any weapon available in 1945 without hitting any civilians living near by?
If you can't answer that with a positive solution the only solution is to not
strike the target.

If the Chinese, U.K. and U.S. had just rolled over and allowed Japan to do as
she willed those children might be alive. Can you say the same about the
children in Japanese occupied territory? Think of Nanking and the cities Japan
bombed.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired